The Piranha Offroad Alternator Output Compensator AOC makes using a DC/DC isolator for dual battery management a thing of the past, for many vehicles.
Using the Piranha AOC in conjunction with a Piranha Dual Battery manager, DBE140S or DBE180-SX, allows you to use the full available output of the alternator to recharge your auxiliary battery / batteries while the vehicle is in use.
It will also charge your main battery if you have changed to a high technology AGM style battery.
The AOC is designed for use with many of today’s current 4×4 vehicles with VARIABLE RATE ALTERNATORS which up to now used a DC/DC style isolator, which is a high cost solution and limited to the output of the DC/DC. Most times slowing down the recharge time.
For such a small device it packs a very capable electronics package to provide a very useful .4Volt -.5Volt increase in your charge rate while still affording all the protection of a fused circuit as required by the manufacturer.
There are similar looking devices available that do not offer the fused protection of the Piranha AOC and are only one way.
Research and engineering have combined to provide this low cost, high technology solution, suitable for today’s vehicles.
Suitable for the following four wheel drive vehicles:
- Toyota Prado 120 Series
- Toyota Prado 150 Series
- Toyota Hilux 2005 Onwards
- Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series
- Toyota Landcruiser 79 Series
- Toyota Landcruiser 79 Series with V8 Diesel
- Will suit other vehicles with ALT Sense wire, ALT S fuse, without a CANBUS system.
AOC Fitting Guide
A Thing Of The Past!
ALTERNATOR OUTPUT COMPENSATOR
Full output from your variable rate alternator.
Allows installation of:
AGM Starting Battery
and / or
Dual Battery System
On many vehicles with variable rate alternators.
AOC & Fitting Instructions Enclosed.
You will require a digital multi-meter.
- With the vehicle running use the multi-meter to establish alternator output at Main Battery, if already 14.5 Volts+, AOC not required.
- WARNING: Do not use AOC if measured voltage at main battery is above 14.5V.
- Now switch vehicle OFF and make sure ignition is OFF.
- Locate fuse box under bonnet.
- Remove the small ALT S fuse, usually 7.5 amp or 5 amp.
- Refit the Piranha AOC.
- Start vehicle and retest with multi-meter, should read 0.4V-0.5V higher than first reading.
If there is an overload or short circuit in the alternator sense cable the AOC is designed to fail, this is not covered by warranty.
The reseller or manufacturer cannot be held responsible for any failures or subsequent events as a result of using this product.
This is a modification to your vehicle and is undertaken at your own risk. Consult your owners manual or vehicle warranty information before making any modifications.
Modifications may affect vehicle manufacturers warranty conditions.
BOOSTS ALTERNATOR OUTPUT BY UP TO 0.5 VOLT
The AOC used in conjunction with a Piranha Dual Battery Manager (DBE140 & DBE180-SX) provides a technically superior solution to charging your auxiliary battery, at a fraction of the cost of using DC/DC step up chargers.
Simple to use, low cost, safe, with full vehicle protection.