The Ironman 4×4 8,000 Kilogram Snatch Strap has been NATA tested to comply with Australian Standards and field tested in real life recovery situations to comply with Ironmans standards.
Ironman Snatch Straps are manufactured from webbing that can stretch up to 20% when under load.
This is an essential piece of recovery equipment, used to help recover vehicles bogged in sand, mud or snow.
- 9 metres x 75 millimetres
- Reinforced heavy duty eyelets
- Strong with up to 20% Kinetic stretch
- 100% Polyester
Guidelines For Safe Use Of Ironman 4×4 Recovery Snatch Straps
These Recovery Straps are a 100% Polyester strap that can stretch under load and spring back to almost its original length.
The combination of the recovery vehicle pull and the tension in the strap creates a ‘snatching’ effect that can pull a stranded vehicle free from being bogged or unable to move under its own power.
When used in accordance with these guidelines, vehicles may be recovered with minimal injury risk to people or damage to vehicle equipment.
General Care and Maintenance
- Never allow your snatch strap to rub against sharp or hot surfaces.
- Avoid twists & kinks, after washing, and when dry – always coil your strap for storage.
- Clean your strap with warm water and a mild detergent, allowing thorough drying before storage. Foreign material such as sand and grit can permanently damage the strap fibres.
- Check full length of straps for nicks and cuts before and after use. If damaged, replace it.
- Never use the recovery strap as a lifting sling.
- Inspect shackles for damage, if pins are hard to turn, shackle has been overstressed. Replace it.